On 2016-02-01 11:36, David T-G wrote:
Carlos, et al --

I have loved watching all of this unfold! FWIW, I'm a hard-core
command-line guy and I keep my originals untouched and immediately
copy them to a parallel tree for stamping, editing, cropping, and
so on :-)

Yes, there is a lot of sense in that.

One other suggestion, since in your rundown of tools I don't think you
ever found one suitable all the way through...

It seems I have to use several tools, one for each thing.

What is the gwenview DB format? Can you parse it?

Probably sqlite, but I don't even know where the file is.

If you like the tool,
go ahead and use it for "Stage 1", and then -- once you have comments for
all of your files -- move on to "Stage 2" and use a script to extract
the comments and apply them to the EXIF fields. Yes, that part is
[delightfully :-] CLI, but you get to do your work where you're most
comfortable.

Ha, quite complicated. Better use other tools to write the info directly
where I want it. Anyway, I don't even know where is the database written
by gwenview.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)