On 31/01/16 19:07, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-31-16 13:54]:
On 30/01/16 21:36, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-30-16 11:15]:
On 2016-01-30 17:05, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/30/2016 10:01 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I forget if the gwenview/dolphin comments and stars are in a database
somewhere or in a hidden file.

BUT gwenview/dolphin do not write to the meatadata INSIDE the image.

I had forgotten about the "KDE semantic whatever" (database?)

Clearly I can not use gwenview to write the comments. Shotwell is a
candidate, but I'd prefer something similar to gwenview, because it runs
faster and doesn't "import" photos. A GUI tool, not CLI.

iiuc, it appears the gwenview problem relates to it being plasma5 and kipi
plugins for the most part kde4. When the kipi plugins are plasma5 the
functionality will return to gwenview.

I am on Leap 42. I have just named a jpg in Digikam. Viewing the same
file in Gwenview, I can see its name. Gwenview calls it 'Object Name' in
the Meta Information sidebar. You may have to enable it under More...

I believe you are using a different unrelated case, but do you have
plasma5 or still kde4?

plasma5, I think. Whatever Leap comes with. Ignore my sig.
Apologies if I've misunderstood the question.

--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 4.1.15-8-default

< Previous Next >