  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 09:50:50 +0100
Dne Ne 31. ledna 2016 14:49:32, Patrick Shanahan napsal(a):
* Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-31-16 14:21]:
So set your meta-data in your camera to be added to the files the camera
outputs and maintain pristine originals and do as you please to
non-originals.

Not all cameras have the capability to add the exif tags that a user may
want.

Understood, and I used to write exif/itpc information directly to my raw
files and never corrupted one afaict, but have been advised by
knowledgable individuals that it is possible and better safe than not. :)

And was the reason of technical or philosophical (not to modify the only
intact original) nature? :-)

Adding information to non-raw files doesn't appear to be a problem and I
agree that maintaining side-car or db information for non-raw files is an
unwanted chore. But I believe in shooting raw and am not interested in

Exactly. There is standard well documented technology with all needed features
(regarding adding some more information like tags, coordinates, description
etc), so I really do not understand why each separate SW should make its own
incompatible way...

maintaining additional files for non-raw images. A very rare occasional
phone image might have need but it would be *really* rare.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux