On 2016-01-31 23:19, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:

original.nef
camera_generated.jpg
shotwell_generated.jpg

Do You have specific reason for camera jpg? For me, it's wasting of space - I
need camera RAW and exported JPG.

For the moment, I'm not yet decided about it, but sometimes it seems the
camera generated jpg is better quality than the one generated by
shotwell (my camera, that is). Yes, it is some space waste. Or usage :-)

Ie, the camera generates both XXXX.nef and XXXX.jpg. When shotwell
imports them, it generates another jpg file. I think the comments are
saved to the jpg file, but I'm not sure. It can not write to the .nef
file.

Digikam does not see the comments or tags of these photos. I don't know
yet why. It does see them if made on cameras that generate a single jpg
file.

Neither does digikam notice that those 3 files are a single photo.

I don't think there is way for any other SW to get know the pictures belong
together. How could it know?

Shotwell does. It looks at the "root" of the name. And perhaps the jpg
contains an exif field designating the name of the original, I don't know.

But sometimes it gets confused, yes, with the jpg generated by the
camera, not with the ones generated by shotwell. In such cases I move
the one from the camera to another directory out of its sight.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >