Re: [opensuse] question on tunderbird/seamonkey mail imap offline mirroring
Thank you all for your help.

For clarity what I need is not a backup. I do backups of the IMAP server using
imapsync.
What I need here is an exact copy of the currentIMAP folder hierarchy in
seamonkey mail so that I could clear a server and synchronize with the server
after that. As I wrote in my previous mail, copying the whole IMAP directory
into Local Folders is not possible. I copied the IMAP folder directory into
Local Foldes directory in a file manager while seamonkey was turned off. But
after restarting seamonkey in Local Folders the IMAP directories were doubled
and messed. For example the Trash dir contained many messages deleted from the
original IMAP Trash. It seems that Local Folders are treated too specifically.

"Carlos E. R." írta:

I made a subfolder in the folder called "Local Folders" and tried to drag
INBOX folder from my IMAP folder into it. It resulted an empty inbox folder
in Local Folders. No messages or any subfolders were copied. How can I copy
the whole IMAP folder tree into Local Folders in seamonkey mail?

No, you have to move the emails inside, not the folder itself. And a
folder named "INBOX" is special.

You mean I have to select the thousands of mails one by one to copy them into
local folder? The number of IMAP folders and subfolders are close to 100. I
wouldn't like so select even those one by one.

Thanks,

Istvan