[opensuse] broadcast photo gallery, was: Writing coments on photos problem
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-31-16 17:01]:
[...]
Yes, I might. I already have a laptop running as server full time. I'd
have to setup apache in some dual config to render different content for
intranet and internet. I have not thought about it yet.

Anyway, it is not symmetric bandwidth. It is 300 Mbit download, and I
don't remember what upload, but much less, perhaps 30. Another
competitor offers 300 symmetric. I'll have to check again what I really
have now, then get dyndns or something (whatever my router supports
directly, I guess).

To serve photos, especially reduced size or thumbnails where parties only
want to see a small portion full-screen or full-sized, 30mb up would be
very sufficient. I only have 6mb up and my site is quite snappy, but
service is not cheap and that level is several steps up.

afa a dydns service, you do not need router support. I have no-ip and my
router doesn't support it. I broadcast my site ip to no-ip frequently and
if it changes, they adjust. I paid us$6 about 10 years ago for
"life-time" service :)

I use gallery2 (php) and apache and setup is miniminal. I tried piwigo
several years ago, but failed miserably to make it work.