Re: [opensuse] Failed login prompts on VTs
* Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-31-16 16:43]:
Patrick Shanahan composed on 2016-01-31 13:16 (UTC-0500):

"A good Idea" (tm!) to occasionally run:
zypper -v se -si |grep zypper se -si |grep \(System\ Packages\)

On TW here that generates only a fresh shell prompt.

and manually adjust as required.

What did you intend from that that

zypper se -s | grep 'tem Pac'

doesn't produce?

fatfingers I guess, s/b:

zypper -v se -si |grep \(System\ Packages\)

shows only installed items which do not exist within a repo

ie: orphaned or no longer provided or changed name or ...

I *usually* removed packages I did not manually install, and those who
appear to have incremented their .so version and were not automagically
removed (happens too frequently). And I check first that they are not
needed by some other resident application.