On 2016-01-31 15:15, jdd wrote:
Le 31/01/2016 15:12, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

Ah, rented space on piwigo.org?
Interesting.

yes,

http://piwigo.org/hosting/

photos only (no video)

I'm using google photo to share some of my photos with some people.
Maybe not the best, but it is fast and "gratis".

yes but the licence you give is scary

Well, it is not that bad. At least in the manner I use it. They are not
world-shared files.

One thing about google is that they do data mining, but they don't hide
it from you. When they started giving mail accounts I remember reading
their conditions and they clearly said the posts were machine-scanned.

I prefer being told, compared to others than hide the facts in tons of
small print. It is more honest.

I can host a gallery for you (but given my age, can't garanty for years)
- I already do that for friends (example: http://www.lheptagonienne.fr/)

Ah, thanks, but don't worry :-)

but piwigo is easy to have at home, I remember you have fiber
connection? so home server is easy to have

Yes, I might. I already have a laptop running as server full time. I'd
have to setup apache in some dual config to render different content for
intranet and internet. I have not thought about it yet.

Anyway, it is not symmetric bandwidth. It is 300 Mbit download, and I
don't remember what upload, but much less, perhaps 30. Another
competitor offers 300 symmetric. I'll have to check again what I really
have now, then get dyndns or something (whatever my router supports
directly, I guess).

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)