31. ledna 2016 19:12:47 CET, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> napsal:
* Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-31-16 11:16]:
[...]
Yes, yes, yes! And how is it with that interoperability then?
Metadata inside files are the most portable and easily managed.

The *thing* is, writing exif data to jpg/png/tif/... is not *usually*
distructive where writing after-the-fact to a raw (original) image may
be
and may not be noticed immediately. So non-destructive editing of raw
files usually employes a *side-car* file or a database where the edits
are
recorded and applied to the output file, jpg/png/tif/...

So set your meta-data in your camera to be added to the files the
camera
outputs and maintain pristine originals and do as you please to
non-originals.

But to maintain a catalogue of your photos and accompanying side-car
files
requires an application such as darktable or digikam or photoshop or
and you may become locked to a particular operating system. All about
choices.

Still, "all about choices" :)

Yed. I don't mind to add metadata to RAW files. I work most of the time with
JPG (RAW is in an archive) and I wish its metadata to be accessible for various
applications. So I choose my tools accordingly...

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
http://trapa.cz/cs