Le 31/01/2016 15:04, Anton Aylward a écrit :

The idea that authorship and copyright should be applied as early as
possible and in a way that is tightly associated with the ORIGINAL image

you are right (of course?) for these infos. I I myself write as most infos as I can in the photo file, but

* there as places where you don't want these info to be spread
* most photo editor do not share the same meta data tags. they use a special tag with they name (for example who is the last program that edited a photo :-)).

I also have a (minor) problem: have at least two places where photo reside: local collection and web collection. The two of them can have tags and comments (readers/users comments). How to collect all these comments.

the best way there is to add them in a sidecar file, that is small text file one can sync both ways easily. Photo files now are pretty huge and can't be moved back and forth.

I still have to find time to implement this (extract meta data from piwigo mysql to xml sidecar and merge them with digikam ones)

jdd