On 01/31/2016 09:05 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
It appears to read the tags and comments created with shotwell, but I do
not see how to create comments. But only if the photo is jpeg: not on
the .nef/.jpg pairs made by my Nikon reflex camera.

Please see my comment on why comment/author/copyright information should
be embedded as early as possible in those RAW file using exif and not
rely on external sidecar files or external databases.