Le 31/01/2016 13:19, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

I have to investigate Digikam, whether it can read without alteration my
existing photo directories.

no problem at all of this sort.

What I do (if you happen to read frenchsee http://dodin.info/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Photo.GestionDesImages)

I keep *all* the originals shots (photo) or the last two years (video) only on local archives.

I copy this to an 'edited" folder, where I detox the file names (smartphones are ugly on this respect), then I add tags, make basic edits and comments with digikam.

after that I upload the result to my own online server with fish/dolphin and sync them to piwigo.

There I give permissions (approx: all for the family, public if possible)

jdd