On 2016-01-31 10:53, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:

I came late to that discussion, so that just few notes. I do not trust any
tool saving comments outside commented files and specifically I do not trust
KDE
semantic tools in this way because of various problems and technological
instability. My personal impression, but no, thanks. Good for searching, not
for storing extra information.

Yes, I agree absolutely.

For music files I modify ID3 tags in Amarok. There is explicit settings to
save
those data in the files. It works perfectly.
For EXIF comments I use digiKam. I'm not sure what should be the difference
between the name and description (apparently some applications deal with it
differently),

Name is used instead of the file name, if it exists.

so I keep same text in both. It seems Dolphin (KDE4) is not able
to read EXIF comments, but I export photos from digiKam to Piwigo web gallery
and another tools and it works there perfectly, so that I'm fine with it.

I have to investigate Digikam, whether it can read without alteration my
existing photo directories.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)