On 2016-01-30 19:34, Carlos E. R. wrote:

gthumb: suitable, writes comments to exif, easily allows to save some
other data. Displays a single photo plus the rest of the directory in
another panel.

At this point, I notice a directory in the folder named ".comments",
with a file named as the photo plus an ".xml" file that contains the
test comment I just wrote in gthumb.

Now I also notice that the comment in the Exif data is incomplete,
trimmed short. The complete comment is in the xml file. I also notice in
preferences that it says "store metadata inside files if possible". I
guess it thinks my comment is too large.

Thus gthumb is not suitable.

I see shotwell reads the gthumb written comment. Not the other way round.

And shotwell also does not write the full comment to the jpg (size
limit, I guess), but I don't know where it writes the full comment.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >