Re: [opensuse] question on tunderbird/seamonkey mail imap offline mirroring
On 01/30/2016 02:58 AM, jdd wrote:
imap folders are specially tricky.

IMAP folders are not themselves tricky.
It is the IMAP servers that are - sometimes - the problem.
Dovecot conforms with the standards and has never presented me any
problems in that regard.

I'm not saying that you couldn't configure dovecot to be a pain in the
neck in many aspects, and I'm sure some people have and do, but I took
the 'bear of very little brain' approach and RTFM'd and made sure it was
the for the version I was running, and avoided complications like using
LDAP or MySQL in some mis-placed idea about 'efficiency'.

It works, it works well and FOLDERS ARE NOT A PROBLEM!

If you have problems with folders, then its not the IMAP standard, its
that the server doesn't conform to the IMAP standard or has been
misconfiguration. Perhaps you need to find another ISP.

Like James I use Rogers as my ISP, and they punt things over to Yahoo
for mail. I have an account there and don't bother with folders. I
have the Rogers cable service because that's what's here in my condo.
The other provider, if I had a stand-alone house on a nearby street,
would be Bell fibre. Scylla and Charybdis.

For proper IMAP service I use Dreamhost. My personal domain is based
there. They do IMPA properly. I have no problems with folders there
either.