Re: [opensuse] Display Manager options
On 26-01-2016 @ 23:51 Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 01/26/2016 07:03 PM, Klaus Vink Slott wrote:
To make kodi play nice with Google Chrome (for Netflix) I prefer to run
Kodi on Openbox. But after install I have both a "Kodi" and a "Openbox"
option in the login menu. To prevent mistakes I want to remove "Kodi" as
a possible option.

I've been an openbox user since many years, so the only thing I was doing
to prevent other WMs to start up is to set
WINDOWMANAGER=openbox
in my "$HOME/.xinitrc".

As you may have seen in my other post I succeeded in removing unwanted
desktop options and reach my goal. But I found your solution interesting
and gave it a try.

I'm an not sure why, but after creating .xinitrc file with the described
content it was not possible to login as user kodi anymore. Screen was
just black for a few seconds and then I was kicked back to login. I
guess something more is needed to use you solution.

But never mind - it fine as it is now.

--
Klaus