RE: [opensuse] Display Manager options

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Klaus Vink Slott
Gesendet: Di. 26.01.2016 19:03
An: opensuse ,
Betreff: [opensuse] Display Manager options

Hi

Basic question:
When I install a Window manager it seem to be automatically added to
possible selections on the login screen (I use kdm)

How can I remove some of these choices?

Why:
To make kodi play nice with Google Chrome (for Netflix) I prefer to run
Kodi on Openbox. But after install I have both a "Kodi" and a "Openbox"
option in the login menu. To prevent mistakes I want to remove "Kodi" as
a possible option.

--
Klaus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende-----

You did not tell whether you are using leap/13.2 or other. I will suppose it
does not make a difference.
In 13.2 you find a section of kdm settings in system settings of kde. In leap
that corresponds to sddm and the access screen menu.
You go to advanced (you need to have the root password for this, so I hope you
have it under hand).
The selection is a bit weird in kdm because you are actually selecting the user
that you do want not to see at login. I think there is a menu point too where
you can invert this behavior, but I do have leap and sddm here.

Hope that helps.

P.S. as you are using kdm, check that settings for it are respected and that it
doesn't listen on 6001 etc with the x-server.
(netstat -tulpn is your friend). That was (and probably is a longstanding bug
in 13.2 once you shift sessions with ctrl+alt+F7 etc)

---