Re: [opensuse] Monitor Wakes Up Randomly
On 01/26/2016 05:25 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-01-26 06:34, SDM wrote:
Hi,

On TW Snapshot 20160121, I have an issue on my desktop PC where my ASUS
VH242 monitor wakes up at random times after it goes to sleep. I'll set
it, for instance, to go to sleep after 5 minutes in the Energy Saving
section of Plasma 5's System Settings. For multiple days straight, it
will go to sleep and stay asleep. Then, for whatever reason, one day the
monitor will wake up within minutes of going to sleep, go back to sleep
again, and continue cycling on and off, so I eventually just press the
power button but this poses a problem if I'm not present. Does this
sound like a Linux driver issue or something wrong with the actual monitor?
Seek for this thread: "disabling wakeup when monitor sends hibernate
message"

Don posted the same problem as you.

I do see that message and re-read it, and it's interesting that he also has an ASUS monitor (yet different model) and is having the same problem. I don't know where to start looking either, and can't figure out why for days straight the monitor goes to sleep just fine, yet a few days will go by and the monitor will start waking up for no apparent reason after it goes to sleep and cycles on/off.

sdm