Re: [opensuse] chrome crashes kwin_x11 in plasma5 42.1
  • From: malcolm <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 06:36:56 +0000
On Monday 25 Jan 2016 17:26:52 John Andersen wrote:
On 01/25/2016 05:18 PM, tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
So it works, but it is a pain in the neck, and basically chrome is
unusable.
Thanks for the hints on recovery without a restart. I've had kwin stop on
another linux distro,(Manjaro) and hadn't discovered the secret voodo to
get out without having to restart.

FRT: I have ZERO problems withe Chrome or Chromium running on Plasma5.
Firefox has had some memory leaks, so I don't leave it on the screen too
long, but both Chrome and Chromium have been solid.

Try changing your windows decoration to Breeze or Plastik
There are apparently some 'quirks' with QTQuick and some decoration

Mal