Re: [opensuse] Bootup of Luks partitions not waiting long for Password
On 2016-01-25 09:35, John M Andersen wrote:
On 1/24/2016 3:36 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

And if so remeind me how I do that.

As simple as running "mkinitrd" as root :-)

Did this.

No help. It still stops waiting for a password 5 to 6 seconds.

:-(

Mounting the same partitions manually with something like:
systemctl start systemd-cryptsetup@cr_home.service
it will wait for the duration specified in crypptab.

Then the code in the initrd comes from somewhere else.

The last tests I will do on this, tomorrow, is to remove "nofail"
on these partitions in the fstab.

But realistically, I don't want it to fail, I just want it to wait
a few seconds longer.

What "nofail" does is not to abort the boot process if the mounting
fails. Just ignore that partition and continue. In your case, it should
go to emergency mode.

I have a dummy /home on the root directory tree, with some dummy
data in there in case someone steals my laptop, it will boot and look
normal-(ish) with no confidential data.

Good thing :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)