RE: [opensuse] can't get rid of desktop folder panel in plasma5

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gesendet: So. 24.01.2016 13:29
An: suse ,
Betreff: [opensuse] can't get rid of desktop folder panel in plasma5

You know that default desktop folder panel that is on the desktop on a
new KDE setup? Well, I can't get rid of mine. There is not "close"
option when hovering the mouse over it.

The problem is I just spent quite a bit of time setting up my desktop
with panels, colors, themes, etc. So I don't want to get rid of my other
settings, just this desktop folder panel.

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

--
George
Box #1: 42.1 | KDE Plasma 5 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | 32GB

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende-----

It is probable that you are new to KDE and you haven't yet had the time to go
through the online help on the kde site about the functioning of plasma. It is
a good and helpful lecture.

https://userbase.kde.org/Welcome_to_KDE_UserBase

This will help you a lot.
Besides, for your problem: as the "folder view" is a plasmoid/object of plasma,
right click on the desktop, choose unblock objects.
Then click on the folder view plasmoid. A side bar is getting visible. The
close button is on the right low corner. Above you have customize possibilities
to change the view or change other functions (size, orientation).
Once done, recall to block the objects to avoid unwanted changes of the desktop
layout and object positions.

Cheers.

---