Re: [opensuse] Bootup of Luks partitions not waiting long for Password
On 2016-01-24 06:48, listreader wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 00:39:13 +0100 (CET)
"Carlos E. R." <> wrote:

Did you disable plymouth as instructed?

Carlos, I tried that. Did not help my problem (bugzilla 960258), which
may or may not have the same base cause as John's but likely does,
since both the problems seem to have begun with the ~19 December system
updates. So, in my case at least, plymouth appears innocent of this
particular crime.

But do you see the grub menu? He doesn't.
His problem is different.
After grub loads the kernel (and plymouth) and asks for the password,
you both have the same or similar problem. Thus the proposal to disable
Plymouth.
But he can not disable Plymouth because he doesn't reach the grub menu
in which to do it.

So I proposed to instead edit the file in which this is defined, and
apply the changes in the manner explained in that same file. If this
doesn't disable plymouth, then he is not using that grub to boot, and we
have to learn how is he really booting that machine.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >