Re: [opensuse] Bootup of Luks partitions not waiting long for Password
On January 23, 2016 9:46:05 PM PST, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
24.01.2016 02:34, John Andersen пишет:
On 1/23/2016 3:30 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-01-24 00:15, John Andersen wrote:
On 1/23/2016 3:06 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

That's because you probably have set grub delay to zero. You don't
get a chance that way to choose which kernel to boot. Of course,
if you are booting an hibernating machine, any menu is disabled
intentionally.

I certainly don't remember making such a choice. Nor do I know
where to do so. Same place?

In YaST, module boot loader.

Also in "/etc/default/grub", value "GRUB_TIMEOUT". Typical is "8".
Then run the command the comments tell to run to apply. Same file as
you disable plymouth.

I did the above things as you instructed.

Yes, timeout 8 there, but the timeout between Welcome to Grub and
Plymouth is
typically zero.

You may have "stuck" hibernation; what

grub2-editenv - list

says? (It is really lone `-' there).

This is not s hibernation issue.
I shut down the machine normally.

I powered it up normally.

In each time upon power up, whether in text mode, or using Plymouth, I simply
waited, counting second from the time the request for luks password appears.

After 5 to 7 seconds it would resume without a password.