Re: [opensuse] on not using Plymouth (was:Failed login prompts on VTs)
Anton Aylward composed on 2016-01-23 06:52 (UTC-0500):

Carlos E. R. wrote:

And makes the initrd image to be about double size.

Indeed it does.

I've just rebooted with the new initrd at 6am, and

1) WOW THAT WAS **FAST**
Even by what I'm used to with parallel systemd, it was **FAST**

2) It was a lot less noisy in terms of the kernel messages being spewed.

So did Plymouth eradication eradicate the OP, or not?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/