Re: [opensuse] digikam crashes
* don fisher <hdf3@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-23-16 20:06]:
zypper ve
Sorry. What is the entire command. zypper ve digikam yields
Unknown option 'e'

sudo zypper verify
Reading installed packages...
Dependencies of all installed packages are satisfied.

On the zypper -vv in --force digikam there were many messages, but no
references to /lib64/libthread_db.so.1 that I could see. Again, my dump
screen complains about segfault Using host libthread_db library
/lib64/libthread_db.so.1. If I look at the Yast2 dependencies, it claims it
is built against for /lib64/libthread_db.so.0.

So examined the files in /lib64 and found:
/lib64/libthread_db-1.0.so*
/lib64/libthread_db.so.1 -> libthread_db-1.0.so*

Do libthread_db.so.1 is a link to libthread_db-1.0. So I do not know why it
crashes:-( I have attached the crash dump if you are curious.

Thanks for the help. And curious why it is working for you.
Don

I have: tw 20160121
digikam-4.14.0-86.3.x86_64
glibc-2.22-6.2.x86_64 which provides /usr/lib64/libthread_db.so.1

I would be interested in what you got from "zypper -vv in --force
digikam", especially since you say "zypper ve" said "Dependencies of all
installed packages are satisfied."

It appears you have a broken package installed, I'm guessing. And the
final step w/o running gdb and someone reading the failure output for you
(I am not qualified), would be to run:
rpm -q --requires digikam
output will be packages that digikam requires
and reinstall all or several and intermittently trying to run digikam to
determing when you have replaced the borked package.

ie:
rpm -q --requires digikam
/bin/sh
/sbin/ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig
/usr/bin/perl
digikam-libs
kdebase4-runtime >= 4.14.0
kipi-plugins >= 4.14.0
libQtCore.so.4()(64bit)
libQtDBus.so.4()(64bit)

taking libQtCore.so.4:

zypper -v wp libQtCore.so.4
Verbosity: 1
Non-option program arguments: 'libQtCore.so.4'
Command 'what-provides' is replaced by 'search --provides --match-exact'.
See 'help search' for all available options.
Initializing Target
Reading installed packages...
Force resolution: No

S | Name | Summary | Type
i | libqt4 | C++ Program Library, Core Components | package
| libqt4-32bit | C++ Program Library, Core Components | package

zypper -v in --force libqt4

BUT, you might first try:
zypper -v in --force digikam-libs

and see if that solves it. If not, the loong road...,