Re: [opensuse] digikam crashes
On 01/23/2016 12:59 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 01/23/2016 11:48 AM, don fisher wrote:
On 01/23/2016 08:26 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-01-22 22:21, don fisher wrote:

I did a search for libthread under Yast2, with the contains switch, and
is says there are no results. But the same Yast2 code lists libthread_db
as a dependency.

cer@Telcontar:~> l /lib/libthread_db-1.0.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 34555 Aug 5 12:01 /lib/libthread_db-1.0.so*
cer@Telcontar:~> rpm -qf /lib/libthread_db-1.0.so
glibc-32bit-2.18-4.38.2.x86_64
cer@Telcontar:~>
cer@Telcontar:~> rpm -qf /lib64/libthread_db-1.0.so
glibc-2.18-4.38.1.x86_64

It comes in a different library.

Thanks. Do you know how I determine what library it is part of? I did a YaST2
search, with the
switch contains, and received no results. I though the contains switch was
supposed to inform a user
of what package some component is contained in.

Don

He showed you a command line example of how to do that. (two of them).

In Yast, Contains means you are giving a partial name.

You want to check the RPM provides box, as well as setting search mode to "contains" or
"begins with".

sorry to be so dumb about this. I turned on the provides, as well as contains, and get nothing unless I reduce the search string to "libthread_db". I received glibc-2.19-16.18.1, and under installed version it listed 2.19-16.18.1, which matches. Below, where I thought is was saying provides, there are numerous entries for libthread_db.so.1.

So my question is, how does one install the glibc-2.18-4.38.1.x86_64 package referenced above, and what impact will installing an older revision have on my system. Can both exist at once? Shouldn't digikam be rewritten/compiled consistent with the current libraries? I just do not know which way to go. I wish I could get statically linked versions of some of these apps.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Don