Re: [opensuse] on not using Plymouth
On 2016-01-23 13:37, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/23/2016 07:04 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

But I run XFCE desktop because it is less complex, less features on the
desktop, but then I use several KDE applications because they are *good*.

I'm reluctant to switch back and forth between KDE and XFCE.
When I've done so in the past ...
Well I have a number of Firefox windows in KDE, each with a large number
of tabs. Every few months I consolidate them down but they grow back.
its like keeping a garden. Firefox is the kudzu.

It is a huge, yes.

When I login using XFCE or LXDE rather than KDE all of a sudden there is
only ONE window when I bring up Firefox. The other one is lost. I
don't know why. When I go back to KDE the lost window is still lost.
I have to be paranoid and take bookmarks of everything!

Well, when I login in xfce I get all my FF windows and tabs. A dozen
windows, perhaps.

Correction.

I take care that the XFCE session save does not save FF. First I quit
FF, TH, then log out with only the apps I want restarted again, because
XFCE doesn't restore apps in the appropriate workspace.

So, after login, I go to the appropriate workspace and manually start
there the apps that go there. TH in the 2nd, FF in the 3rd... etc.

In my test install of Leap, I have a problem with FF. I place it in the
3rd workspace. When I click on a link in TH in the second workspace, it
brings FF to the second. I know this is a setting, but I have forgotten
which.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >