Re: [opensuse] Installation DVD is horrible!
On 2016-01-23 12:30, jdd wrote:
On 2016-01-23 09:11, jdd wrote:

Well, I left the room while it worked ;-)

I see.

It was writing to an USB stick, under a virtualized windowed install
environment with only 0.5GB ram. It had to be slow on both counts.

with generalization of usb3, this will be forgotten,

Well, typical USB sticks are slow write devices, slower than what the
usb-2 interface allows. They will have to create faster flash devices
for usb-3.

but I even tried to
install on 32Gb fast SD card (it's so easy to have one on a laptop), but
failed to get something usable. The SD interface is probably only
connected to an usb2 one (internally) :-(

Ah.
Well, my laptop was made about 2010, so certainly no usb-3 in there.

SD cards are made fast to be used for video recorders, I understand. But
they are quite expensive. I thought about using some on my computer
instead of sticks, but I forgot the idea soon.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)