Re: [opensuse] Bootup of Luks partitions not waiting long for Password
  • From: listreader <suselist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:51:16 -0600
On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 19:52:23 -0800
John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I actually have two different luks partitions with the same
password, (I never have to enter it twice).

It seems systemd is involved somewhere along the chain and it
does not honor any wait time.

This used to work just fine, it would wait all day but some update
last year caused it to start being real quick.

If you haven't manually edited them lately, look at the dates on your
/etc/fstab and /etc/crypttab. Mine are dated 19 December 2015, which
is likely the date the set of updates that caused my problem were
installed here.

Is swap one of your LUKS partitions? On my setup it is, and I tend to
think that the only reason I get the first LUKS prompt at all is
because the system needs to check to see if there is a hibernate image
stored there (on swap) before fresh starting.

Ralph