[opensuse] Tumbleweed: X Consuming Huge Amounts of Memory
On my desktop PC, X easily consumes over 3 GB of memory within 16 hours of use and will continue crawling over the 4 GB mark. It will eventually make my system run out of memory unless I log out of and back in KDE every 1-3 days. I open and close a lot of windows (Dolphin, FF, and more), and this makes X incrementally increase its memory footprint. When I close Windows, the memory never drops back down; it just goes in one direction and that is up. Is anyone else experiencing this under TW? I'm using the radeon open source driver on a "01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Juniper PRO [Radeon HD 6750]" card.

I did some tests with running Leap on a different HDD and the same PC, and this doesn't happen. This problem also didn't used to happen on TW but was introduced with a Plasma 5 update some weeks ago. I've asked around a bit through some other channels and nobody is familiar with this so I'm trying here. Any suggestions on how I can find out what the culprit is for the leak (I think it may be KDE related, not X itself)? I would file a bug report but don't know if X is the culprit, or if it's plasmashell or something else.

Thanks,

sdm