Re: [opensuse] Failed login prompts on VTs
On 01/22/2016 06:31 PM, Carlos E. R wrote:
On 01/22/2016 11:47 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/21/2016 01:41 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
Oh, I wasn't aware I was running it!
So how do I DISABLE it?
On Mageia, where attempting Plymouth uninstallation wants to
uninstall nearly
the whole OS, noplymouth on cmdline works. Maybe try plymouth=0 on
cmdline if
it that doesn't work for 13.1.

Well I tied that and it seems no different from when I remove the
"splash=silent quiet " from the command line.
Go figure.

If you uninstall plymouth, you have to remember to rebuild the initrd
archive? mkinitrd.

Yes i'm well aware of that; any changes resulting from manipulating with
YAST or editing stuff in /etc/boot or /etc/grub.d/* or /etc/grub.cfg and
so on.

Yes done!

As has been commented, trying to *remove* plymouth rather than disable
it involves removing large parts of the OS.