Re: [opensuse] Re: very slow downloads of debuginfo packages from KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 15:18:50 +0100
Vadym Krevs wrote:

On 22/01/16 11:10, Vadym Krevs wrote:
Hello,

is anyone else experiencing very slow downloads of debuginfo rpms
from download.opensuse.org - <20Kb/sec - while non-debuginfo rpms
download at 1-2Mb/sec? The box running zypper is in UK.

I did a quick mirror search, and found some very fast ones that
mirror
all rpms from KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_42.1 except
debuginfo's.

Yes, my company's network is IPv6-enabled. However, this does not
explain why non-debuginfo rpms from the same repo are not subject to
very poor download speeds.

They might be coming from different repos? download.opensuse.org isn't
just one repo.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.8°C)