Re: [opensuse] latest patch need to restart
* tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-21-16 19:33]:
I just ran a zypper patch for openSUSE-SU-2016:0188-1 on my Plasma 5.

I prefer not to have to reboot the computer after a patch. There were a
bunch of KDE files that were still in use after running zypper ps, so I
logged out of KDE and then logged back in. But I still see this process that
is running on a deleted file:

---------------------
# zypper ps
The following running processes use deleted files:

PID | PPID | UID | User | Command | Service | Files

------+------+------+--------+----------+---------+----------------------------
11901 | 1 | 1000 | george | kdeinit4 | |
/usr/lib64/libxml2.so.2.9.1

systemctl isolate multi-user.target
log in to one of the vtty's, ie: <ctrl><alt><f1>
as root
run zypper ps
kill -9 <pid>

In your case: kill -9 11901

systemctl isolate graphical.target

and you have killed the deleted file process and should have a clean
kde(plasma5) start.