Re: [opensuse] checking on a sending mail problem with Thunderbird
On 01/21/2016 04:13 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 01/19/2016 12:14 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Tools / error console

Thanks. Testing :-)

No errors today, or yet.

Just this one on error the console, which doesn't stop things, thus not
important:

Timestamp: 01/18/2016 11:55:35 PM
Error: smtp.telefonica.net : server does not support RFC 5746, see
CVE-2009-3555

One failure now, on another thread. I don't think the error is logged:

Timestamp: 01/22/2016 12:19:18 AM
Error: The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The
document will render with
garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains
characters from outside the
US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the
document or in the
transfer protocol.
Source File:
imap://robin%2Elistas2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:143/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E238470
Line: 0

The above are very common with Tbird, and they have to do with Tbird's internal
HTML parser on
received mail. Its choking on incoming mail which is bad html, and probable
spam anyway/ Probably nothing to worry about. One reason I have my tbird to
prefer plaintext over
html.

1453419486188 addons.update-checker WARN Update manifest for
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} did not contain an updates property

1453419487220 addons.update-checker WARN Update manifest for
thunderbird-hotfix@xxxxxxxxxxx
did not contain an updates property

This is where it checks for updates to the plugins. Not sure of how
significatn this is.
Probably it won't apply that update. But I really don't know.

Timestamp: 01/22/2016 01:09:23 AM
Error: smtp.telefonica.net : server does not support RFC 5746, see
CVE-2009-3555

You should get that on EVERY send. I don't think that is your problem
So you are probably right, what ever is causing you problem does not appear to
be
logged.