Re: [opensuse] Is offline upgrade still preferred over Zypper system upgrade (13.2->Leap 42.1)?
On 01/22/2016 12:07 AM, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I prefer the Zypper system upgrade method for PCs will much packages from
different repositories.

You can also add repositories on the offline method.
I know. But you probably don't have an editor for *.repo files, copy&paste etc.
during Offline upgrade.

True enough, it is cumbersome. You can, however, edit the entries in the files before starting the upgrade. They get disabled, but you can re-enable them, with the correction in place ;-)

Zypper system upgrade also causes less downtime.)

Depends... Internet speed, for instance.
The Zypper switch --download-only helps here in step 1.

True.

Me, I run such zypper dups in console mode.
Yes. I prefer Tmux or Screen for safety.

--
Cheers/Saludos

Carlos E. R. (openSUSE Leap 42.1, test at Minas-Anor)