Re: [opensuse] Help with system internal error failure on Leap 42.1 upgrade
On 01/21/2016 03:52 PM, don fisher wrote:
On 01/21/2016 03:41 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 01/21/2016 11:15 PM, don fisher wrote:
I have a 13.2 system that has been running for about a year on a 1TB
Samsung drive, model 840 EVO mSATA. The Leap 42.1 upgrade system went
through the entire upgrade process, rendering my previous system
useless, and then on the last screen posted the following internal error
message:

Internal error: Please report a bug report with logs
Detail unknown udev device /dev/disk/by-id/wwnQx5002538844584d30-part2
Call: /usr/share/YaST2/lib/bootloader/udev_mapping.rb:42in to kernel
device

I desire help with this. I do not know where the requested "logs" would
be stored.

Have a look here:

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Report_a_YaST_bug

Usually it means running "save_y2logs" if the system runs. But yours
does not, I understand.

I looked in /var/log and did not notice any obvious
candidates.

Basically, ALL. I would simply try with those of "/var/log/YaST2/".

Where does this udev mapping come from?

ls -l /dev/disk/by-id/

or the command "blkid".

I have many Samsung
SSDs and would like to have the problem fixed for all of them at one
time. So if I knew which drives were mapped I would know which ones to
request repair on.

The failed drive still exists, so if there are any requests for files I
will try to recover them.

What is that about a failed drive? An upgrade with hardware problems in
place may be dangerous.

I do not know that the drive has failed at all. It appears that the
drive ID cannot be mapped to whatever is desired. I did use the DVD
upgrade in reference to another thread.

Do
I performed a /dev/disk/by-id/ on my other system running 13.2 and received:
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 32 Jan 20 13:49 wwn-0x5002538844584d30
0 brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 33 Jan 20 13:49 wwn-0x5002538844584d30-part1
0 brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 34 Jan 20 13:49 wwn-0x5002538844584d30-part2
0 brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 35 Jan 20 13:49 wwn-0x5002538844584d30-part3
0
As you can see, the second entry matches the device that Leap claims is an unknown device. Unknown by whom, for what?

Don