Re: [opensuse] Is offline upgrade still preferred over Zypper system upgrade (13.2->Leap 42.1)?
On 01/21/2016 11:40 PM, Bjoern Voigt wrote:

Does this still apply for the upgrade from 13.2 to Leap 42.1? Which method
works better in practice?

IMHO, yes. But I'm biased: I wrote most of that page ;-)

I prefer the Zypper system upgrade method for PCs will much packages from
different repositories.

You can also add repositories on the offline method.

Zypper system upgrade also causes less downtime.)

Depends... Internet speed, for instance.

Me, I run such zypper dups in console mode.

--
Cheers/Saludos

Carlos E. R. (openSUSE Leap 42.1, test at Minas-Anor)