Re: [opensuse] Help with system internal error failure on Leap 42.1 upgrade
On 01/21/2016 11:15 PM, don fisher wrote:
I have a 13.2 system that has been running for about a year on a 1TB
Samsung drive, model 840 EVO mSATA. The Leap 42.1 upgrade system went
through the entire upgrade process, rendering my previous system
useless, and then on the last screen posted the following internal error
message:

Internal error: Please report a bug report with logs
Detail unknown udev device /dev/disk/by-id/wwnQx5002538844584d30-part2
Call: /usr/share/YaST2/lib/bootloader/udev_mapping.rb:42in to kernel device

I desire help with this. I do not know where the requested "logs" would
be stored.

Have a look here:

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Report_a_YaST_bug

Usually it means running "save_y2logs" if the system runs. But yours does not, I understand.

I looked in /var/log and did not notice any obvious
candidates.

Basically, ALL. I would simply try with those of "/var/log/YaST2/".

Where does this udev mapping come from?

ls -l /dev/disk/by-id/

or the command "blkid".

I have many Samsung
SSDs and would like to have the problem fixed for all of them at one
time. So if I knew which drives were mapped I would know which ones to
request repair on.

The failed drive still exists, so if there are any requests for files I
will try to recover them.

What is that about a failed drive? An upgrade with hardware problems in place may be dangerous.

--
Cheers/Saludos

Carlos E. R. (openSUSE Leap 42.1, test at Minas-Anor)