[opensuse] Is offline upgrade still preferred over Zypper system upgrade (13.2->Leap 42.1)?
The Wiki page "SDB:System upgrade" (https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:System_upgrade)
warns

Warning: Do not skip a release when upgrading! Example: do not upgrade from
13.1 to 42.1. Instead, from 13.1 upgrade to 13.2, then from 13.2 upgrade to
42.1.

Other possibility: Offline upgrade, a.k.a. traditional or DVD upgrade. For
more information, read offline upgrade. This upgrade method is safer and more
versatile. Unless you have a good reason to do otherwise, use the offline
upgrade method.

Especially this disadvantage of Zypper system upgrade makes my sceptical:

It does not do all of the cleanup and maintenance that an offline DVD
Upgrade does.

Does this still apply for the upgrade from 13.2 to Leap 42.1? Which method
works better in practice?

(Personally I use both methods. I prefer Offline upgrade (from USB) for PCs
with a limited number of packages and less extra repositories. I prefer the
Zypper system upgrade method for PCs will much packages from different
repositories. Zypper system upgrade also causes less downtime.)

Greetings,
Björn