Re: [opensuse] What do you use for skype?
On 01/21/2016 10:00 AM, Harrie Baken wrote:
Downside is that you need a gmail account.

Which you have already, if you have an Android phone.

One does *not* need a *gmail* account. A *Google account* will do. (Mine
is: harriebaken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.)

I have a number of my own domains.
When I got the phone I tried setting that up with google (as opposed to
Samsung, who were quite happy to accept various "@antonaylward.com"
addresses). Google took the "proper name" ("Anton Aylward"),
donwshifted the "A" to "a", inserted a period and appended a
"@gmail.com" and there was nothing I could do about it.

Nothing, I tell, you, NOTHING!

I didn't like it, I fought it. But I was stuck with it.

The crazy thing is that I already had TWO other addresses that I use
with G+! Both of those use domains I own. I'm still struggling to find
out if I can use either of those with hangouts. So far, hangouts
insists on me using the "@gmail.com" address.

So it seems an issue of one "evil empire" vs another :-)

:-)

Indeed. + Apple crooks. So let's make Linux great & big!

Err, perhaps you should look at which firms make the greatest
contribution to the Linux code base.
(Hint: it isn't Apple)