Re: [opensuse] What do you use for skype?
Hallo Carlos E. R., op 21-01-16 om 15:44 schreef je:
On 01/21/2016 03:37 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/21/2016 02:25 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
[snip] alternative?

I've nothing against skype in principle. There's a copy of it on my
old laptop. was on an earlier version of suse, and on my cell
phone. I just don't seem to use it any more.

It really depends on what your correspondents have. I have both.

What I seem to be using these days is Google Hangout on my phone
and tablet. I'm aware there is a web version of it as well. I've
tried that. Downside is that you need a gmail account.

Which you have already, if you have an Android phone.

One does *not* need a *gmail* account. A *Google account* will do. (Mine
is: harriebaken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.)

So it seems an issue of one "evil empire" vs another :-)

:-)

Indeed. + Apple crooks. So let's make Linux great & big!

Harrie

--
Harrie Baken | Tekstbureau TekstBaken
Copy-editing - proofreading (Dutch)