Re: [opensuse] What do you use for skype?

On 21/01/2016 10:59, Dave Plater wrote:

On 21/01/2016 10:39, Carl Hartung wrote:
Hmmm ... I don't have complete confidence in the contents on that page.

It says, in part:

"Wrapper script

(Note: The below script should NOT be required with a recent Skype
version)."

The latest version on my system didn't require that script.

There are also some possibly inaccurate / obsolete instructions there
showing the use of 'sudo zypper' to install some packages which should,
I believe, already be installed by default (pulseaudio being one of
them.)

I believe all I did was the following:

- downloaded the '12.1' 32-bit version
- used 'zypper in' to install it
- invoked skype from the command line to check for errors
- it launched and ran fine, but I'd already installed certain 32-bit
dependencies for a previous version
I've built a local x86_64 rpm, the package I copied already had the correct 32 bit requires, works on my box but I don't have a skype account to check properly. It's contents look the same as the 12.1 one on skypes web site.

Dave
Just to let you know it gets as far as the sign in screen, so I'm off to my daughters home.
Dave P