Re: [opensuse] pakagekit/Yast/zypper
Hallo Darryl Gregorash, op 20-01-16 om 23:52 schreef je:
On 20/01/16 03:07 PM, ianseeks wrote:
On Wednesday 20 Jan 2016 15:29:20 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-20-16 14:49]:
How do you get packagekit to quit when you answer Yes to zypper
or yast's question asking do you want packagekit to quit so you
can use zypper or yast?

I've had the software updates widget sitting there with 1254
updates pending but as it does not give you any idea of
percentage done progress, i prefer to use zypper or yast
(especially as i'm using breeze dark on this user and you
cannot even read what is being downloaded or installed.).
iirc, it provides a proccess id. I kill the process.
thats what i do but shouldn't have to. packagekit should respond
appropriately or zypper/yast don't have the power to shut it down
and shouldn't offer the option.
Just remove the packagekit widget. That's what I did, after I
finally realized I could try to tell that thing to check only once a
millenium, and it would still check for updates every half hour.

No need for it anyway -- opensuse-updates mailing list does a better
job of keeping me informed ;)

Indeed! A year or more ago, I taboo'ed "apper" in yast2. What a relief.

Harrie

--
Harrie Baken | Tekstbureau TekstBaken
Copy-editing - proofreading (Dutch)