Re: [opensuse] darktable update
* buhorojo <buhorojo.lcb@xxxxxxxxx> [01-20-16 15:48]:
42.1
Hi and TIA because we really don't know how to ask this question.

We tried Darktable 2 from https://software.opensuse.org/package/darktable
graphics repository. We could go back to 1.6 by removing 2, removing the
repository and then reinstalling. I'm sure there's a more elegant way, but
anyway...

No, the library.db from 1.6 is changed by 2.0 and not backward compatible.

Question: one day I suppose after an update, 2 will become the norm. Will it
still be possible to choose 1.6 when that happens?

Specifically, would we be able to keep the TCA lens adjust from 1.6 with 2?

You would better ask the darktable developers, but I don't believe that is
a dt function but provided by lensfun, but ...

Generally, you would not want to return to 1.6.x as 2.0 is *much* improved
in *many* areas.

Happy user for > 2 years using latest git versions and working 8-10,000
shot a month.