Re: [opensuse] plasmashell in Leap 42.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 18:04:33 +0100
Marc Chamberlin wrote:

On 01/19/2016 10:49 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
Marc Chamberlin wrote:

Hi - I have just upgraded one of my systems to Leap 42.1 and am
encountering a problem that is turning into a showstopper for us.
Every few minutes, and in particular it seems after clicking on the
launcher in the kicker bar at the bottom of the desktop, the system
comes to a near halt for a few minutes and does not respond to a lot
of mouse or keyboard input actions. Any shell window that is open
will be responsive but much of the GUI stops responding. I have
discovered that when this happens, top reports that the plasmashell
process is using 100% of the cpu. Google has not provided me with a
solution that I can understand, so in layman's terms can some kind
guru tell me how to fix this issue? I will gladly provide any
additional info needed, and thanks in advance for your help.
Have you also applied all the latest stuff/updates? A lot of things
and problems have been fixed.

Thanks Per for your response. The Yast2 Online Update tool informed me
this morning that I only had one update, something to do with security
update for cups-filters. I applied it, no joy. Is this sufficient or
should I be doing something else?

I don't know if "Yast2 Online Update" == zypper patch, but it sounds
good. I had some problems with plasmashell initially, but I think they
got fixed. I'm only running a test installation of Leap, it's not
being used much.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.2°C)