Re: [opensuse] gnuplot -p plotfile.plt (no zoom, scale, etc.) no communication with persistent window??

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016, David C. Rankin wrote:

All,

I have always create plot files for running gnuplot, instead of running from within gnuplot. e.g.:

$ gnuplot -p plotveloc.plt

where plotveloc.plt contains

plot \
"vmag.txt" using 1:3 title 'velocity y'

instead of running from the gnuplot> prompt, e.g.:

$ gnuplot
gnuplot> plot "vmag.txt" using 1:3 title 'velocity y'
gnuplot> q
$

I have always had the ability to zoom, scale, toggle-ruler, etc. in the persistent window. Now for some reason, it is like all communication with gnuplot is gone when using a persistent window. It is fine when running from the 'gnuplot>' prompt.

Has anyone else seen this? Any fix? What to check? This is with the standard Version 4.6 patchlevel 3 from the OSS repo (maybe update).

--

I have the same version running on os 13.1.

When you say "like all communication", do you mean from the
mouse to gnuplot or gnuplot keyboard to the window or both?

Serafino