Re: [opensuse] Re: I'm a bit confused by the current naming of vmware player
On 01/19/2016 02:03 AM, John Andersen wrote:
On 01/18/2016 03:56 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Previously I used the "Server" version, which was "gratis" at the time

Server was designed to run headless, and be accessed by a web browser.
Sort of a different thing than player.

No, that was version 2. Version 1 worked very similarly to the current Player version, except that it could do snapshots and Player can not.

However, machines that I created with server 1 are still working with Player 6.

I have an instance of server running on a linux box to provide a test portal
for some software we sell for windows at my day job.

Works ok.

I have player as well, but no real use for it.

I use it mostly for testing things. Not permanent use.

--
Cheers/Saludos

Carlos E. R. (openSUSE Leap 42.1, test at Minas-Anor)