Re: [opensuse] Re: memtest only seeing 48GB out of 64GB?
On 01/18/2016 03:09 AM, Larry Stotler wrote:
On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 9:27 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
The MB now sees 6 of them for 96GB total.

The missing DIMs are in A1 and A2.

I'm not sure how much speed I'm losing by that config, but I'm more
than happy with 96GB.

Strange how Intel claims that you can only use 64GB RAM with that cpu,
but you have 96GB working......

http://ark.intel.com/products/82932/Intel-Core-i7-5820K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz

I don't see any such specification on that page.

There is only one thing approaching what you said: _Max Memory Bandwidth_

"Max Memory bandwidth is the maximum rate at which data can be read from or
stored into a
semiconductor memory by the processor (in GB/s)"

It has nothing to do with total memory.