Re: [opensuse] dracut emergency shell - where to mount root?
18.01.2016 14:38, Per Jessen пишет:
In earlier openSUSE releases, I'm sure I used to mount on /dev/root and
then leave the emergency shell with exit or Ctrl-D ?

With dracut emergency shell, I have tried /dev/root and /sysroot, both
found on the 'net - neither seems to work. I've tried openSUSE 13.2 and
Leap both.

Background - afaict, dracut or yast does not correctly create an initrd
when root is on nfs. For the first boot, I would therefore manually
mount root and continue, then correct the initrd.

dracut is based on systemd today; which means when it enters emergency
mode because some unit fails, when you exit it with ^D it still tries to
start the exactly same unit and it will likely to fail at exactly the
same place. In particular, if at startup systemd generated "bad" unit,
this unit remains - you need to either directly fix generated unit and
run "systemctl daemon-reload" or fix the source of generated unit and
run "systemctl daemon-reexec" to make it run generators again.

What exactly failed? Can you display failed units?