Re: [opensuse] checking on a sending mail problem with Thunderbird
On 2016-01-18 02:28, John Andersen wrote:
On 01/17/2016 04:08 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Shouldn't they go to outbox if they fail?
I will occasionally see a message sitting in outbox but only when my internet
connection is going
wonky.

Yes. Either fail, do nothing, ask for "shall I retry?", or put it in the
outbox for trying again, because it is a temporary problem.

But maybe the mail server is not responding with a standard error that
the client can understand. On this computer it appears to work today.

I think that Thunderbird can enable some kind of log system for
debugging :-?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)